With literary agent Ted Weinstein
Eager to make the bestseller lists with your writing? Curious about how to go from book idea to book tour? Whether you’re writing a novel, a memoir or another type of nonfiction, literary agent Ted Weinstein will explain how to navigate the rapidly changing publishing world and find success with your words.
Ted will explain the forces fundamentally reorganizing the book industry and present an overview of the entire publishing process, followed by a discussion of all the elements - style AND substance - that go into writing a great book proposal and successfully pitching your book project to agents and editors.
Ted is a literary agent representing a broad range of non-fiction for adults. His areas of particular interest include narrative works, including biography, history, memoir, journalism and popular science; practical books, including health, business and personal finance; and many kinds of pop culture projects, often developed from Web sites.
His clients include:
- Wired editor and NY Times bestselling author of THE CULT OF MAC and INSIDE STEVE'S BRAIN Leander Kahney
- Stanford mathematician and NPR's "Math Guy" Keith Devlin
- Dave Eggers' 826 Valencia writing centers
- Bestselling visual thinking expert Dan Roam, author of THE BACK OF THE NAPKIN
- HP Labs scientist Kay-Yut Chen and journalist Marina Krakovsky, authors of the forthcoming SECRETS OF THE MONEYLAB: HOW BEHAVIORAL ECONOMICS CAN IMPROVE YOUR BUSINESS
- Stanford professor Kelly McGonigal, author of the forthcoming THE SCIENCE OF WILLPOWER
More information about his agency and clients is available at www.twliterary.com